I am off to Kamchatka next month. This time there is camping involved, long exposure astro, wildlife, landscapes (of course) and hopefully some drone action. I also am upping my video production value with moving time lapses and slo mo footage. So with all this on the table I really had to think hard about all the kit I was going to take.
I weighed in at 8kg Carry On and 17kg Checked. To see how I did it, keep on reading.
- Camera Bag - Koolertron canvas backpack - no insert - 662g
- Surface pro 4 + SSD + mouse - 1500g
- Sony A7RII - body + battery - 741g
- Batteries and things with batteries in them - 903g
- 100-400mm lens - filters on the ends + lens flipper - 1737g
- 16-35mm lens - filters on the ends - 686g
- Mavic Air + remote controller + one spare battery - 1040g
- 10000mA battery pack - 288g
- Bum bag + wallet + passport + Samsung + iPhone, etc - 522g
In case some one wanted to weigh my backpack, I also travel with a hand bag which can fit the 100-400mm lens for quick weight redistribution.